Re: Errore while compiling CVS- Kernel

On Wed, 2001-08-15 04:53:18 +0200, Jan-Hendrik Palic <jan.palic@linux-debian.de>
wrote in message <20010815045318.A2983@billgotchy.de>:
> Hi,
> I tried to compile the CVS- Kernel from oss.sgi.com.
> First, in include/arch/mips/Makefile were tool-prefix declared, so
> mips-linux-gcc was called to compile. I deleted these prefixes and I
> could make make vmlinux.

Bad things happened... Please don't do that but instead, use
the config item "Use cross-compiler to build Kernel" you can
find somewhere. Then do a "make boot".

> ld -G 0  -r -o video.o dummycon.o newport_con.o font_8x8.o font_8x16.o fbmem.o fbcmap.o modedb.o fbcon.o fonts.o
> fbcon.o(.data.init+0x0): multiple definition of `linux_logo_red'
> newport_con.o(.data.init+0x0): first defined here

fbcon.c and newport_con.c both include data for the penguin. Bad.

> Does anyone has a hint what it might be?

Looking at COnfig.in's, please try to answer "No" to
"Support for frame buffer devices (EXPERIMENTAL)". I don't know
if this helps, but for now it seems to be the one and only way
to net get fbcon.o compiled in. But maybe I'm just aiming at my

Jan-Benedict Glaw . jbglaw@lug-owl.de . +49-172-7608481