Re: Errore while compiling CVS- Kernel

On Wed, 2001-08-15 04:53:18 +0200, Jan-Hendrik Palic <jan.palic@linux-debian.de>
wrote in message <[🔎] 20010815045318.A2983@billgotchy.de>:
> Hi,
>
> I tried to compile the CVS- Kernel from oss.sgi.com.
>
> First, in include/arch/mips/Makefile were tool-prefix declared, so
> mips-linux-gcc was called to compile. I deleted these prefixes and I
> could make make vmlinux.

Bad things happened... Please don't do that but instead, use
the config item "Use cross-compiler to build Kernel" you can
find somewhere. Then do a "make boot".

> ld -G 0  -r -o video.o dummycon.o newport_con.o font_8x8.o font_8x16.o fbmem.o fbcmap.o modedb.o fbcon.o fonts.o
> fbcon.o(.data.init+0x0): multiple definition of `linux_logo_red'
> newport_con.o(.data.init+0x0): first defined here

fbcon.c and newport_con.c both include data for the penguin. Bad.

> Does anyone has a hint what it might be?

Looking at COnfig.in's, please try to answer "No" to
"Support for frame buffer devices (EXPERIMENTAL)". I don't know
if this helps, but for now it seems to be the one and only way
to net get fbcon.o compiled in. But maybe I'm just aiming at my
foot...

MfG, JBG

--
Jan-Benedict Glaw . jbglaw@lug-owl.de . +49-172-7608481