Re: Replacing the Console driver

I do not know if you have examined any of the current open source emulation
projects that exist, but I believe
you might be interested to examine www.mame.net or mess.emuverse.com?

They have a cpu core for mips emulation, I believe it may only be r3000
though?..

Also, there exist numerous open-source playstation emulators, which I believe
are r3000 based too...

The mame & mess projects are matured open-source projects that have been ported
across the universe, they're really pretty cool, this work would be a likely fit
with the mess project.

If you implement by way of pure emulation, you'd not need to change the kernel
at all?

Phil