Re: Kernel BUG in 2.4.5

On Wed, 11 Jul 2001, Maik Busch wrote:

> hello,
>
> I build a kernel 2.4.5. The sysmips-patch I applied. Now I got the
> following kernel errors:
>
> kernel BUG at inode.c:486!6%
> Unable to handle kernel paging request at virtual address ...
>
> I don't want to write all the numbers! Is that message saved everythere?
>
> Have anyone a patch for that?

Hi,

this is a known issue and is an EXT2 FS Problem.
Some ppl suspect the bitopts.h file as the source for the
trouble. But afaik noone provided a solution/patch for this
yet.
You can try a 2.4.3 kernel (do a cvs checkout with older timestamp),
apply the sysmips patch there. This is what I'm using at the moment.

		CU, Klaus

--
Full Name   : Klaus Naumann     | (http://www.mgnet.de/) (Germany)
Nickname    : Spock             | Org.: Mad Guys Network