Re: I few questions

On Tue, Jun 26, 2001 at 11:20:33AM -0700, John D. Davis wrote:

> I have a few simple questions that I have been wondering about.  I am
> currently running the debian verison of Linux with 2.4.0 kernel on an
> Indy.
>
> 1) What is the difference between the Redhat and debian verison of linux?
> Should I use one over the other for my Indy?

That's a mostly a question of your personal preference.

> 3) Is there something that is available to replace sash, another
> bootloader?

You don't need sash at all unless you want to boot a kernel from a XFS
filesystem.  You can write the kernel intot the volumeheader using either
the Linux or IRIX version of dvhtool or boot it from NFS.  If your
Indy has a very old PROM which doesn't accept ELF binaries you have to
convert it to ECOFF.

  Ralf