Re: ls from fileutils-4.0.43 segfaults

On Sun, Apr 22, 2001 at 10:40:18PM +0200, Karsten Merker wrote:
> Hallo everyone,
>
> I have tried to install fileutils_4.0.43-1_mipsel.deb from
> source.rfc822.org and found that "ls" segfaults, the other binaries seem
> to be ok. So I have tried compiling it myself against glibc-2.2.2 on
> repeat.rfc822.org and also on my DECstation, but the effect stays the
> same.

Most likely you have a kernel with the sysmips() bug discussed on
linux-mips over the past month and a half or so; the archives have
Florian's workaround and other discussion.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz                           Debian GNU/Linux Developer
Monta Vista Software                              Debian Security Team