Re: as: unrecognized option -n32

On Sun, Sep 24, 2000 at 11:08:35PM +0200, Michael Hess wrote:
> Hi there ! I'm trying to get a program (called the Baycom Mailbox for
> Amateur Radio use) compiled on an Indigo 2 (under Irix).
>
> I always get the Error from the /usr/bin/as: unrecognized option
> ´-n32´ but i can't find this option somewhere.
>
> Can anyone tell me what i did wrong ? :) Or better, can anyone tell my
> how i can fix it ? :)
>
> I think it's not a problem of the source code (it's written for an
> i386), but i think it's a problem of some options...
>
> Thanks for reading... and thanks if someone can help me :)

Hmmm - Interesting "-n32" should be an option for the ELF_N32 ABI spec.

Its interesting that the IRIX Compiler doesnt want it - But you
are in the wrong support channel. This is for "Linux/Mips" or
more specific Linux/Mips.

Try asking on "comp.os.irix" or something ...

Flo
--
Florian Lohoff		flo@rfc822.org		      	+49-5201-669912
      "Write only memory - Oops. Time for my medication again ..."