Re: Aha!

On Tue, 5 Sep 2000, Florian Lohoff wrote:

> Relativ jumps on mips are limited to 32K each direction. Otherwise
> you need to use a register.

Yeah, I got further explanation on this before.  Seems that there is a bug
in binutils currently and it's known by the SGI folk.

To quote Ulf:

  This is a known bug in binutils.  The branch instruction should be
  replaced with a relocation and a jump instruction in this case.  The
  code is however not there.

> Current gcc and binutils ( i tried 20000822 work )

I'll try again, but my last attempt didn't work.  I'll double-check my
versions, though.