Argh..

Ok...can't get the toolchain to build under Linux so far :-(  Rather than
start with an older dist (cough..redhat..cough), I'm starting to wonder if
I should start from total scratch (cross-compiling glibc, gcc, and
binutils snapshots to start with) and go from there.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Also, I was wondering something.  Under Irix (5.3), it lists the cpu in
this as an R4400 with an R4000SC FPU.  I know it's a 200MHz Indy and noted
in a few texts around the net that it has a 64-bit address bus.  Under
Linux, it lists that it's an R4000SC.  First off, why the difference
between the two OS's?  Also, since the address bus is 64-bit, isn't this a
64-bit processor?  If so, why use 32-bit binaries?  It is possible that we
could do something akin to the sparc32/sparc64 port situation, where the
32-bit port can handle 32-bit binaries, but the 64-bit port can handle
both.

Confused,