Re: Starting point for new mipsel port?

On Tue, Apr 25, 2000 at 09:36:56AM -0700, Steve Shepard wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> What are the recommended version (kernel, glibc, egcs, binutils) for a
> new mipsel port? I've read Andreas' comments regarding glibc 2.1
> problems, and it looks like latest-and-greatest isn't--at least as far
> as glibc is concerned. The MIPS-HOWTO, which recommends binutils-2.8.1,
> egcs-1.0.2, and glibc-2.0.6, seems quite out of date...

binutils 2.8.1
egcs 1.0.3
kernel 2.3.99pre5 (Current oss.sgi.com CVS)
glibc 2.0.6

Everything else is even more experimental :)

binutils cvs + patches seems to work for userspace (Kernel does Crash)
but Ulf seems to work on the last bits.
glibc 2.0.6 works and is basically ok but out of date. Andras Jaeger
and Ulf Carlsson did very hard to get glibc 2.2! to work - CVS should
work and with the newest binutils it should even compile.

Flo
--
Florian Lohoff		flo@rfc822.org		      	+49-subject-2-change