short status information/brute force builder

Hi,
just as a small note - I began to waste CPU cycles differently than
just leaving the machine idle - I am wildly doing a "brute" force
compile thing.
I wrote myself a handful of shell scripts automatically having a handful
of lists and trying to compile all "Architecture: any" sources found
in the woody tree ...

(root@193)/data/autobuild# wc -l data/onhold
    152 data/onhold
(root@193)/data/autobuild# wc -l data/done
     91 data/done

This is the current state - 91 packages without a single problem (Ignoring
glibc/ld.so dependencies) 150 packages failed.

(root@193)/data/autobuild# grep -i kernel data/onhold | wc -l
     31
(root@193)/data/autobuild# grep -i xfree data/onhold | wc -l
     39

31 Packages didnt compile due to kernel header problems - RLIM_INFINITY
SOCK_STREAM/SOCK_DGRAM/SOCK_RAW problems for the one following kernel
development

39 Packages didnt compile because the lack of X libs/development headers.

If anyone is interested in doing something similiar on "big endian" mips
(SGI etc) ill may send you the 3-4 scripts - You will need access to the
net and a near debian mirror etc to get the source files.

Once we have xfree and gtk/glib ill care on setting up a "real" autobuilder.

Flo
--
Florian Lohoff		flo@rfc822.org		      	+49-5241-470566