Re: MIPS install

On Mon, Oct 16, 2000 at 04:15:22PM +0200, Jan-Benedict Glaw wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 16, 2000 at 04:08:02PM +0200, Florian Lohoff wrote:
> > The only thing i cross compile usually is the kernel - The rest
> > is all native - Takes some hours/days but who cares ...
>
> Kernel crosscompile takes (when compiled completely) about half
> an hour, meybe some minutes longer. And the DECStation for

Thats not that bad - I mean - Usually when poking around in kernel
code you dont recompilte the whole stuff - Only some bits
and on my celeron 300 this takes about 45 seconds to rebuild the kernel
again ..

> native compilations is net the fastest, too (R3k @ 20MHz), but
> the real problem is: it's in the room where I used to sleep...

This is the problem of all Decstations - Compiling binutils on
my /150 which is a balzing fast Decstation it takes 4 hours.

Dont ask about glibc - its more than 15 hours ...

Flo
--
Florian Lohoff		flo@rfc822.org		      	+49-5201-669912
      "Write only memory - Oops. Time for my medication again ..."