Re: glibc on MIPS ...

On Wed, Oct 11, 2000 at 04:12:44AM +0200, Ralf Baechle wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 10, 2000 at 07:30:16PM -0700, Jun Sun wrote:
> > I also heard about the debian-mips project.  What glibc is used here?
>
> A pre-2.2 snapshot.  Not yet stable and requires a binutils snapshot to
> build which also isn't yet stable.  But we're getting closer and things
> are beginning to look promising.

We are trying :) I am currently basing all my Debian-mips(el) things
on glibc 2.0.6. It is the only stable solution right now. I am experimenting
with the glibc 2.1.94-3 debian source package which i managed to get
compiled with unmodified cvs binutils and gcc + the gcse patch.

Ralf reported bugs in the ld where he send me a patch. With that patch
i get a "Bus Error" from the ld.so within the glibc build.

So currently - No real work on glibc 2.2 based debian but that will
change soon i guess ...

Flo
--
Florian Lohoff		flo@rfc822.org		      	+49-5201-669912
      "Write only memory - Oops. Time for my medication again ..."