Re: [Indy boot]

On Mon, Aug 28, 2000 at 01:50:03PM -0400, Philippe Chauvat wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to install Linux on my Indy box. It seems to be Ok but when I
> cannot boot it standalone (whitout network nor dhcp/bootp).
> How can I configure it to boot whitout any other resource (like linux
> with lilo) ?

There is no bootloader right now - See the other thread - Somebody
has succeeded to put the linux kernel (Ecoff image ?) into
the volume header - You need IRIX for it so its definitly no option
for me.

There is a dvhtool in the oss.sgi.com cvs tree which can do this for
you but its IRIX only right now - Somebody with a lot of time
should probably try to port it ;)

Flo
--
Florian Lohoff		flo@rfc822.org		      	+49-5201-669912
      "Write only memory - Oops. Time for my medication again ..."