Re: Curious as to the status of the MIPS port...

On 3 Aug 2000, David Huggins-Daines wrote:

> No, they have R3000-series CPUs which are 32-bit only.
>
> The Jazz boxes are little-endian R4000-series, but they are also
> 32-bit machines.

Ah, good to know.  Guess I'll be learning alot more about MIPS than I knew
before :-P  It's always been a foreign platform to me, so bear with me :-)

> You can cross compile from anything so long as there aren't bugs in
> binutils preventing you from doing so :-)

Hehehehe...good point.  FYI, I'll be working on changing
binutils-multiarch to be a full cross-compiler package, if my tests come
out ok.

> The Challenge S is supposed to be essentially the same as the Indy and
> therefore supported.

That's good news.  When I see the box, I'll know for sure, but I'm pretty
sure it's an Indy.