Re: Where can i find MIPS Linux source and Documentation?

Thanks Geert,

I was setting up the things I need to build the kernel.
I got a pc set-up with Linux,
and installed the cross development tools needed.
But it looks like I can't use CVS here,
is there any ftp site I can pick up
a source that compiles for DDB-VRC5476?

I tried several that I found on public ftp sites,
but they always fail at compiling serial.c
telling me that RS_TABLE_SIZE is not defined.

Tat

Geert Uytterhoeven wrote:

> On Wed, 31 May 2000, Tat Iwamoto wrote:
> > Yes, that is the board I have.
> > So what are the steps I need to take to have Linux up and running?
>
> 1. Use the Linux/MIPS kernel source tree available through CVS (see the
>    Linux/MIPS HOWTO)
> 2. Compile a kernel for DDB Vrc-5074 (CONFIG_DDB5074=y)
>
> Currently the onboard Tulip Ethernet doesn't work under Linux yet. I suppose
> this has to do with PCI bus mastering translations. But I've been using cheap
> PCI NE-2000 clones (Realtek RTL8029AS based) to boot over NFS root with succes.
>
> I'l send you my .config in a separate mail.
>
> > Do you mean I compile a Linux kernel and load it via TFTP using PMON?
>
> Yes. Just copy vmlinux to a reachable directory on a TFTP server.
>
> > Geert Uytterhoeven wrote:
> > >
> > > Is this the NEC DDB Vrc-5074? That one is already supported.

> > > PMON can load ELF images (e.g. a standard Linux kernel) over TFTP.
>
> Gr{oetje,eeting}s,
>
>                                                 Geert
>
> --
> Geert Uytterhoeven ------------- Sony Software Development Center Europe (SDCE)