Re: CD images?

On Thu, Apr 13, 2000 at 01:24:42PM -0600, John Galt wrote:

> Internal, yes: I was talking about that external one right above the
> Lance's (AUI and 10base2 ethernet) ports.  FYI it's a -30 or -40 (I can't
> say for sure which one it is, since they have the same hardware except for
> the case).  BTW, is there any plan in the works for a mopd for the i386
> architecture to handle netboot?

Most of the decstations are able to boot via "bootp" tftp ...

boot 3/tftp

on the prom console does the work. But: There are some BootProm versions
which cant boot LARGE images or cannot boot tftp at all (implemented
but essentially broken) - These proms are rare but happen to come
up regularly - There is a "mopd" for linux available somewhere and i
managed to get it running some months ago although i personally
dont need it - But i had no clue how a mop image must look like (Special
header).

Flo
--
Florian Lohoff		flo@rfc822.org		      	+49-subject-2-change