SGI Indy

This probably isn't the best place to ask this question but I don't know
were else to turn = (

I inherited on old Indy running Irix 5.1, I want to get a dual boot
Irix/linux system eventually but right now I just want to get Irix 5.3 or
6.x running first.  I have tired and tired to upgrade to 5.2, do a clean
install of 6.5 but nothing seems to be working.  I have limited
documentation and all the SGI help sites on there web site are only
available to registered users (I guess this cost alot of money).

Can anyone give me pointers, a website maybe with Irix info especially
info on using INST?? The ideal situation would be to do a clean install of
Irix 6.5.

thanks for your time
steve