Re: What kernel source for mips? ...cont.

On Wed, Nov 24, 1999 at 01:45:03PM +0100, Radim Gelner wrote:
> And also more general question:
>
> Why have everything to be extra patched for mips. Do not developers add
> the patches to the official line of development in following version of
> developed software? I thought tht 2.2.13 will work because it is a newest
> kernel, and as such it incorporates all the changes done to former
> versions.

This hasnt been done for the 2.2 Kernels so we are stuck with additional
patches. I have no idea how far the 2.3 kernels are ...

Flo
PS: I am not that deep into Kernel things - I am using precompiled binarys
    for decstation.
--
Florian Lohoff		flo@rfc822.org		      	+49-5241-470566
  ...  The failure can be random; however, when it does occur, it is