Re: New mips packages on ftp.rfc822.org

On Tue, Nov 16, 1999 at 07:33:32AM +0100, Martin Schulze wrote:
> A. Wrasman wrote:
> > I just got my Indy installed with Hard Hat.
> >
> > I've gotten most of the debs from rfc822 installed.
> >

> > How can I help more? I assume we need to get more of the packages from base working.
>
> Try to get the important and standard packages from base, utils and
> devel to compile.
>
> There are still some nitpicks like strace, ld.so, gdb etc.  Florian
> knows more...
>
> Regards,
>
> 	Joey

Well rught now I'm trying to get dpkg (and it's dependencies) to build on the box.

I haven't really tackled the hard packages yet. Even though I have fooled with util-linux a little.

Part of it depends on arch stuff but it has to do with fdisk and how to layout things on the disk.
For in fdiskbsdlabel.h i386, sparc and arm have the labelsector set to 1 and the offset to 0

But alpha and powerpc have the labelsector set to 0 and have an offset of 64.

This is all through fdiskbsdlabel.h and fdiskbsdlabel.c

Aaron