Re: egcs + binutils + glibc

Florian Lohoff wrote:
> I started with the decstationroot to compile packages (Dirty hack
> with manually extracting debhelper/debmake etc, compiling dpkg manually,
> mkdir -p /var/lib/dpkg/info /var/lib/dpkg/updated ;
> touch /var/lib/dpkg/available)

Well, it may look dirty, but it's the regular way to start a new port.
I've done the very things two years ago with the powerpc port that I'm
doing now with the mipsel port.  However, there are less problems, but
new problems on other stages.

> Currently i have the problem to get dpkg build as a correct package
> as it required libtool and source dependencie for libtool is tetex-bin :(

libtool is not from tetex but from gnu - and it's said to be broken...

Anyway, a pure dpkg.deb will take a while, too many tools are involved.

Regards,

	Joey