Re: Status

On Mon, Oct 25, 1999 at 04:03:42PM -0700, Ulf Carlsson wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 26, 1999 at 12:55:36AM +0200, Florian Lohoff wrote:

> > I "nearly" replaced everything needed to boot so probably ill get
> > an "base.tgz" for debian-mipsel together next weekend ...
>
> This is pretty cool.  You're building the Debian distribution out of the
> Redhat installation?  I've tried to do that, but I just ended up with a
> lot of problems because of the differences in Debian compared to Redat.
> I ended up with some strange mixture that didn't work at all.  I resorted
> to cross compiling after a couple of hopeless attempts, and that was
> actually easier.

It is a very dirty hack and a couple of packages should have
broken dependencies as dpkg-shlibdeps cant resolve the dependencies
via the dpkg database as i havnt got a debian glibc installed ...
I will resolve those problems in the second or third compile run.

Biggest problem still, gcc, binutils + glibc ...

Currently i have a good feeling on the latest CVS binutils as i was
able to build working libgmp2 with it (SSH works now - We'll have a public
machine probably this or next week)

Flo
--
Florian Lohoff		flo@rfc822.org		      	+49-5241-470566
  ...  The failure can be random; however, when it does occur, it is