Re: decstation 5000/25

On Wed, Oct 20, 1999 at 03:08:41PM +0200, Gergely Madarasz wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've just seen one of those, it is possible that I could install linux on
> it... currently it is supposed to boot ultrix from an external scsi disk,

Yes ..

> but it doesn't, it gets to an R> prompt, and does nothing. boot, printenv,
> etc all just return to the prompt immediatelly. I've got no docs for it,
> where should I search ?

What does "cnfg" show ?

> And another thing: does linux support its graphic card ? Any projects
> working on this ?

Most (All but one) GFX Card are support - The one not supported
is the Accelerated one (i960 something i think) ....

Have a look at http://decstation.unix-ag.org

For a precompiled NFS Rootable Kernel have a look at the Pages
from Karel von Houten (Spelling right ?) - It is listed in the
people section ...

Flo
--
Florian Lohoff		flo@rfc822.org		      	+49-5241-470566
  ...  The failure can be random; however, when it does occur, it is