Re: Linux for SGI

On Mon, Oct 18, 1999 at 02:10:36PM +0200, Gergely Madarasz wrote:
> On Mon, 18 Oct 1999, Florian Lohoff wrote:
>
> > Have a look at www.linux.sgi.com - Everything is a bit pre-alpha but
> > it is the right time to bootstrap a distribution ...
>
> Btw do you know about the current status of glibc2.1, binutils and gcc for
> mips? I searched the sgi linux list archives, but all the mails are
> missing since June 25.
> Anyway I will be asking this on the sgi linux list too.

As far as i know (Asked Ralf Baechle yesterday) the glibc 2.1 wouldnt
be a problem as soon as someone fixes binutils. AFAIK the symbol
versioning does NOT work currently ... We are stuck with glibc 2.0.

The current version i have is a glibc 2.0.6 ...

Yesterday i tried to build a xdevel but got signal 11 from the binutils
when compiling the libgcc from the gcc 2.95.2preX  ...

It seems the binutils are essentially broken for mips/mipsel ...

Flo
--
Florian Lohoff		flo@rfc822.org		      	+49-5241-470566
  ...  The failure can be random; however, when it does occur, it is