debian mipsel packages build

Hi,
i have started building packages for "mipsel" the little endian
mips. I have currently NO gcc and/or glibc packages which is the worst
problem right now ....

Here is a dpkg --list from the Decstation 5000/150 (Same packages on
the other machine) ...

Desired=Unknown/Install/Remove/Purge
||/ Name            Version        Description
+++-===============-==============-============================================
ii  apt             0.3.13         Advanced front-end for dpkg
iF  autoconf        2.13-7         automatic configure script builder
ii  bash            2.02.1-1.8     The GNU Bourne Again SHell
ii  bash-builtins   2.02.1-1.8     Bash loadable builtins - headers & examples
iF  bison           1.27-1         A parser generator that is compatible with Y
ii  bsdutils        2.9x-1         Basic utilities from 4.4BSD-Lite.
iF  bzip2           0.9.5c-1       A high-quality block-sorting file compressor
ii  csh             5.26-10        Shell with C-like syntax, standard login she
ii  dbuild          1.15           Tool for building Debian binary packages fro
ii  debhelper       2.0.61         helper programs for debian/rules
ii  debianutils     1.11           Miscellaneous utilities specific to Debian.
ii  debmake         3.6.0          Debianizing Tool and automated binary genera
ii  dejagnu         1.3-19990614-2 framework for running test suites on softwar
ii  diff            2.7-20         File comparison utilities
ii  dpkg            1.4.1.16       Package maintenance system for Debian
ii  dpkg-dev        1.4.0.34       Package building tools for Debian Linux
ii  dpkg-perl       0.1-2hamm1     Perl interface modules for dpkg
ii  file            3.27-4         Determines file type using "magic" numbers
iF  findutils       4.1-34         utilities for finding files--find, xargs, an
iFR gettext         0.10.35-10     GNU Internationalization utilities
ii  gettext-base    0.10.35-10     GNU Internationalization utilities for the b
ii  gettext-doc     0.10.35-10     Documentation for GNU gettext.
ii  gzip            1.2.4-32       The GNU compression utility.
ii  hostname        2.04           A utility to set/show the host name or domai
iF  ldso            1.9.11-4       The Linux dynamic linker, library and utilit
ii  lftp            2.1.2-1        Sophisticated command-line FTP/HTTP client p
ii  libapt-pkg-dev  0.3.13         Development files for APT's libapt-pkg
ii  libapt-pkg-doc  0.3.13         Documentation for APT development
ii  libgdbmg1       1.7.3-26.2     GNU dbm database routines (runtime version).
ii  libgdbmg1-dev   1.7.3-26.2     GNU dbm database routines (development files
ii  liblockfile0    0.1-6          Shared library with NFS-safe locking functio
ii  libltdl0        1.3.3-1        A system independent dlopen wrapper for GNU
ii  libltdl0-dev    1.3.3-1        A system independent dlopen wrapper for GNU
ii  libncurses4     4.2-3.4        Shared libraries for terminal handling
ii  libncurses4-dbg 4.2-3.4        Debugging/profiling libraries for ncurses
ii  libncurses4-dev 4.2-3.4        Developer's libraries and docs for ncurses
ii  libpcre2        2.05-1         Philip Hazel's Perl Compatible Regular Expre
ii  libpcre2-dev    2.05-1         Development stuff for libpcre
ii  libreadlineg2   2.1-13.6       GNU readline and history libraries, run-time
ii  libreadlineg2-d 2.1-13.6       GNU readline and history libraries, debuggin
ii  libreadlineg2-d 2.1-13.6       GNU readline and history libraries, developm
ii  make            3.78.1-1       The GNU version of the "make" utility.
ii  mawk            1.3.3-3        a pattern scanning and text processing langu
ii  mount           2.9x-1         Tools for mounting and manipulating filesyst
ii  ncurses-bin     4.2-3.4        Terminal-related programs and man pages
ii  patch           2.5-2          Apply a diff file to an original
iF  perl-5.004      5.004.05-3     Larry Wall's Practical Extracting and Report
ii  perl-5.004-base 5.004.05-3     The Pathologically Eclectic Rubbish Lister
ii  perl-5.004-debu 5.004.05-3     View internals of Perl and debug Perl itself
ii  perl-5.004-doc  5.004.05-3     Man pages and pod docs for Perl
ii  perl-5.004-suid 5.004.05-3     Runs setuid Perl scripts.
ii  pgrep           2.05-1         grep utility that uses perl compatible regex
ii  rsync           2.3.1-2        fast remote file copy program (like rcp)
ii  shellutils      2.0-2          The GNU shell programming utilities.
ii  slang1          1.3.9-1        The S-Lang programming library - runtime ver
ii  slang1-dev      1.3.9-1        The S-Lang programming library, development
ii  slang1-pic      1.3.9-1        The S-Lang programming library, shared libra
ii  sudo            1.5.9p1-1      Provides limited super user privileges to sp
ii  sysvinit        2.77-3         System-V like init.
ii  tar             1.13.11-2      GNU tar
ii  tcsh            6.08.06-1      TENEX C Shell, an enhanced version of Berkel
ii  tcsh-i18n       6.08.06-1      TENEX C Shell message catalogs
iF  tetex-base      1.0-4          basic teTeX library files
ii  textutils       1.22-2.4       The GNU text file processing utilities.
ii  util-linux      2.9x-1         Miscellaneous system utilities.

A couple of packages are essentially broken as i had not the tools to
build documentation etc - ALso the dependencies should be broken
as there is NO installed glibc from the dpkg database ...

Ill put up these packages somewhere (probably source.rfc822.org/debian/dists/unstable/local/binary-mipsel ) ...

Hopefully the both machines will be available on the net the next days ...

Flo
--
Florian Lohoff		flo@rfc822.org		      	+49-5241-470566
  ...  The failure can be random; however, when it does occur, it is