Re: Little Endian - Debian/Linux/MIPS Port

In message <[🔎] Pine.SOL.3.95.990321194101.27295A-100000@ecom5> Russell E Glaue writes:
: Is the DECstation port compatible with the Deskstation bios and related
: system chipset and hardware? I didn't think it was.

Deskstation and DECstation are two different beasties.

The Deskstation Tyne (and rPC44, which is my machine) are both R4xxx
based machines that use the ARC BIOS interface.

All ARC BIOS machines are little endian (well, sgi calls its bios ARC
too, so that is confusing).  The JAZZ is supported as a ARC BIOS
machine and it is little endian.  Ralf also has several other little
endian mips machines that he's supporting.  The Tyne isn't one of them
due to hardware problems with the one he had and some bone-headedness,
at the time, on the part of Deskstation.

Warner