Re: Offer of help...

> This seems to be a fairly low volume list so lets hope someone's listening.

Yep, we have a little problem. One of the core contributers to Debian/MIPS, Job
Bogan, has disappeared. He has compiled a bunch of packages, but no one else has
seen his work as far as I know. I have for myself compiled dpkg and some basic
packages, but my Indy is gone and so are the packages. I will probably receive a
new machine from SGI soon. Nancy Bigham said that she would ship it last
Tuesday, maybe I have to send her an email and remind her :)

> Cross compile environment. (or self host ?)

Self host seems to work very well. There is a cross compiler rpm which you can
use as well if you prefer cross compiling. I didn't manage to build the debian
packages with the cross compiler though.

> Build dpkg stuff.

Dpkg is done.

> Build source dpkgs.

Yes, we have a lot of packages to build.

> Work out installation stuff?

We will boot through nfsroot. Debian can coexist with redhat as well.

- Ulf