Re: [flo@rfc822.org: Re: strace 4.0]

On Sun, Oct 31, 1999 at 10:12:07PM +0100, Wichert Akkerman wrote:
> > I have applied (by hand) the included patch from strace 3.1 to 4.0
> > I HAVENT tried to compile nor to run it - But probably someone is
> > sitting in front of his decstation and has the patience to compile and
> > try it.
>
> I can't test it myself, but the patch looks reasonable and it shouldn't
> break anything. I'm putting it in the strace CVS now and it will be
> included in strace 4.1 (scheduled for sometime next week).

As long as it doesnt break anything else go on - It wont work currently
although i am not sure if its not an binutils bug ...

gcc  -o strace strace.o version.o syscall.o util.o desc.o file.o ipc.o io.o ioctl.o mem.o net.o process.o bjm.o resource.o signal.o sock.o system.o term.o time.o proc.o stream.o -lnsl
/data/devel/binutils-991025/bin/ld: warning: type and size of dynamic symbol `environ' are not defined
syscall.o: In function `call_summary':
syscall.c(.data+0x10118): undefined reference to `sys_vm86'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [strace] Error 1

Flo
--
Florian Lohoff		flo@rfc822.org		      	+49-5241-470566
  ...  The failure can be random; however, when it does occur, it is