Re: packaging help

On 2024-05-04 03:44 +0000, james smith wrote:
> I am trying to package ly[1] I got everything up to the rules part, I am
> stuck thinking on how to edit/make the makefile, if you have any tips or
> tools that can make this a easier process, I would be much grateful

Any editor will do - note that tabs are syntactically important in makefiles

A tool like debmake will make you a template/base rules files (as well
as sample/template/base all the other files), or you can copy-and-modify one from
almost any other package that isn't hopelessly out of date (debmake is a better approach).

These days most rules files look like:

#!/usr/bin/make -f

#DH_VERBOSE=1

%:
	dh $@

with maybe a few instances of environement variables and override rules

# see ENVIRONMENT in dpkg-buildflags(1)
export DEB_CFLAGS_MAINT_APPEND  = -Wall -pedantic

or
override_dh_clean:
	-mv Doxyfile.orig Doxyfile
	-mv libsquish.pc.in.orig libsquish.pc.in
	dh_clean

Does that help?

Wookey
--