Help with debian/watch file

Hello,

I could need some help with a debian/watch file [1]. The file is mostly not written by me, I just replaced just some regexes to introduce the correct versioning scheme. When running "uscan -vv" it downloads correctly upstreams tar ball, the pgp is checked and the tar ball is repackaged. Unfortunately the new upstream version is determined to be $version.$version: teckit_2.5.12.2.5.12+ds1.orig.tar.xz the name of the reduced tar ball is wrong and uscan (incorrectly) reports a new upstream version.

What do I do wrong?

Thanks,
  Hilmar

[1] https://github.com/debian-tex/teckit/blob/master/debian/watch