dh-cmake writing to /usr instead of fakeroot?

Hey folks,

I'm currently trying to package DuckDB for a PPA on launchpad, and though I've been able to get it building via buildsystem=cmake+ninja, the install steps fail with permission errors regardless of what I try.
Right now, it seems to try to install to /usr regardless of what settings I pass, and Launchpad seems to leave CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX set to /usr (as does fakeroot?).

You can see a failure here: https://launchpadlibrarian.net/714820377/buildlog_ubuntu-jammy-arm64.duckdb_0.10.0_BUILDING.txt.gz

I haven't done any packaging like this before, so any help is very appreciated

Many thanks,
Elliana