Re: Lintian 'privacy-breach-generic' warning for installed examples

Hi Shriram,

On 2024-02-09 16:16, Shriram Ravindranathan wrote:
I am packaging a C++ TUI library called FTXUI in which there's an examples/ folder which I am installing to /usr/share/doc/ftxui-dev/examples/

One of these examples is for using the library with webassembly is a HTML file that loads the JS version of xterm from a CDN.

I was wondering if this is a false-positive that I should override or whether I need to create a patch and edit the HTML files to remove these links.

This is not a false-positive. A CDN gets a call each time a user opens an example, so strictly speaking this is a privacy breach. So it should not be overridden. I would suggest patching out such links.

Best,
Andrius