Re: Is FTP Master's NEW queue handled manually?

"Loren M. Lang" <lorenl@north-winds.org> schreef op 8 februari 2024 02:13:49 CET:
>This is just for my own curiosity and understanding. Is the NEW queue on
>FTP Master handled entirely manually?
>
>I see a number of packages that go back quite a few months, however,
>it's not exactly clear to me what kind of things are holding those
>packages up at least from looking at the website. For example, looking
>at stac-validator, I see it's been in the queue for 6 months now
>looking at the bug report linked for it, there doesn't seem to be any
>indication of what might be holding it up. Is every item in this queue
>ultimately waiting for a human to give it a green light or is there some
>automated check that might block them?
>
>I'm just trying to better understand the process here and how to tell
>what is holding a package back when it's been in the queue for months. I
>have nothing myself so it's just for understanding.

Certain Lintian tags cause a package to be rejected automatically, as listed under Lintian Autorejects on ftp-master.debian.org. If the package is not automatically rejected, it is manually reviewed according to the criteria on ftp-master.debian.org/REJECT-FAQ.html.
--
Vriendelijke groet, Kind regards,

Victor Westerhuis