Re: Building a package for arm64 only on amd64 machine

Sorry for the lateness of my reply. I had some trouble setting up sbuild-qemu + timezones. The package built fine on arm64 with an sbuild-qemu created arm64 image, so thank you both for you advice there.

> Does the upstream _actually_ need oaknut, or would a normal assembler do? (gcc or clang or tbb etc)

I'm still learning about the low-level concepts so I don't know if this answers your question, but here is the relevant entry in the upstream application (Citra) log:
* externals: Add oaksim submodule

Used for emitting ARM64 assembly

* common: Implement aarch64 ABI

Utilize oaknut to implement a stack frame.

Here is the relevant commit:
(https://github.com/citra-emu/citra/commit/e13735b6245af0dab111af3a1c16aefa6ee4db67 )

I would need to patch the externals/CMakeLists.txt or submit changes
upstream in order to package Citra without oaknut, which is fine. I'd like it to be as
close to a vanilla tarball as possible if I can, though.

David