MIT license vs Expat license in packages

Dear Mentors,

According to https://www.debian.org/doc/packaging-manuals/copyright-format/1.0/, the link at the top of generated copyright files, "There are many versions of the MIT license. Please use Expat instead, when it matches."

If I wanted to package software licensed under MIT, and the version given upstream matches the Expat license word-for-word, does the above sentence mean I should replace all references to the MIT license with Expat? Should my copyright file look like this?
Files:
 *
Copyright:
 20XX <upstream developer>
License: Expat
Files:
 debian/*
Copyright:
 2024 David James
License: Expat

License: Expat
<Expat text>

Or should it look like this?
Files:
 *
Copyright:
 20XX <upstream developer>
License: MIT license
Files:
 debian/*
Copyright:
 2024 David James
License: Expat

License: MIT license
<MIT text>

License: Expat
<identical Expat text>

I'm confused as to how to interpret the quoted sentence. Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,

David James