Re: Help with GBP

Le 31/12/2023 à 18:16, Andrey Rakhmatullin a écrit :
On Sun, Dec 31, 2023 at 05:25:24PM +0100, Patrick ZAJDA wrote:
First of all, I switched to the branch debian/stable/master where last
bookworm backport is.

Then I merged the tag debian/2.0.18-1 to have all commits until the version
I wish to backport.

Firstly, when running gbp dch --bpo I cannot pass also the --commit-msg or
any commit related switch because "* unreleased" is added to the changes
list below "* Rebuild for bookworm-backports".

How can I avoid it?

To avoid it temporarily, I simply used dch --bpo which made things as usual
for me.
But I really want to use gbp in the cleanest way.
I don't think using dch doesn't count as that. It's really optional.
Thanks, it looks it is another moment I ask myself too much questions... So I will continue doing this way for this part.

In the VCS there is the commit for the changelog, then another commit which
contains the changes in its message, but this does not modify any file.
I use Git a lot but it is the first time I encounter a commit which modify
nothing.
Do you mean c28a8d75ce3277b104cd195548e6252bf2dbd4e0, "Import Debian
changes 2.0.15-2~bpo12+1"?
Yes.

I guess it's from running gbp-import-dsc, it's empty because the same
package was imported that was built from the previous commit, and I don't
think running it was intended or is needed.

I confirm, I have the same after running gbp import-dsc after building the package.
And it created the tag for the backports version.
I did not know it was possible to do this kind of thing in Git.

So if I understand correctly, I did things right for this backport?

The next (and last I hop) question is to know how to proceed to upload, uploading it myself to mentors and ask for a sponsor or ask the team? I wrote to the team mailing list without success about these questions I asked here. And I did not find the answer in documentations available on mentors.debian.net but I won't protest if someone replies I have not searched the right place ;)

Thanks and best wishes for this new year,
--
Patrick ZAJDA