Newer upstream version packaged for RFS/ITP with old one still on mentors

Hello list,

While there is the RFS/ITP 0.3.0-1 version package still on mentors

https://mentors.debian.net/package/guerillabackup

a new upstream release is available. I updated salsa (without
pushing yet) and have all packages ready.

Usually I would just retitle the RFS/ITP and upload the new
packages to mentors. But this would make the bugtracker issue

diverge from the state in the file upload.

Otherwise deleting the old package would keep bug and upload
in sync, but also also delete an upload-comment (one that I do
not see to have much importance to the RFS process, but still).

So what is the preferred way to do it?

Kind regards,
hd