Regression in autopkgtest because of bug in another package

Hello Mentors,

Yesterday I opened bug report #1028919 for mupdf with a patch attached. A maintainer quickly picked the patch up and uploaded a new version of mupdf. I'm keeping an eye on tracker.debian.org and I noticed that the new upload is said to introduce a regression in img2pdf's autopkgtest.

Looking at the autopkgtest log, the underlying issue seems to be #1028904 in pillow. Would it be useful to file a bug report against img2pdf for this? Should I send a control message to the BTS to report that bug #1028904 affects img2pdf? Or will this situation automatically resolve itself once pillow is fixed?

I tried searching the Debian Wiki, the Developer Reference and the mailing list archives, but I've not found an answer so far.

Kind regards,

Victor Westerhuis