Re: Tool to cobvert PyPI package into .deb?

* Barry Scott: " Tool to cobvert PyPI package into .deb?" (Mon, 2 Jan 2023
  21:06:18 +0000):

> I found the pypi2deb package but it does not work.
>
> For example:
>
> $ py2dsp xml-preferences
> /usr/bin/py2dsp:163: DeprecationWarning: There is no current event loop
>    loop = asyncio.get_event_loop()
> E: py2dsp py2dsp:167: 'releases'
>
> The problem is that its loading meta data from PyPI and thinks there is
> a field called 'releases' but it does not exist.
>
> I see the same issue with requests.
>
> Is there a tool that does work?
>
> Or is there a work flow I can follow turn a PyPI package into a debian
> package?
>
> Barry

Please have look at the branch of olasd:
https://salsa.debian.org/python-team/tools/pypi2deb/-/merge_requests/5

It should work.

Cheers,
Mathias

--

    Mathias Behrle
    PGP/GnuPG key availabable from any keyserver, ID: 0xD6D09BE48405BBF6