Re: Spotted small bug after upload to NEW: Wait or fix now?

On Mon, Oct 16, 2023 at 06:36:48PM +0300, Jonathan Rubenstein wrote:
>  If this package was already in
> the archive the bug would likely be of priority "normal" or even "minor".
>
> Since this bug really doesn't affect the package that much as it works fine
> anyway with only a few broken links, is it worth going through the trouble
> of getting it fixed while it's still in NEW, or is it better to leave it and
> get the fix uploaded after it has cleared NEW and entered the archive?
>
> Would a few broken links (of note on the front page, easy to see) reasonably
> be enough to have the package rejected from NEW? That would surely be enough
> of a reason to go through the trouble, to potentially save further delay.

YMMV (and not only yours), but I vote for the "leave the current NEW
version where it is, don't upload, wait until approved and upload the
fit".

Reasons:
    1) it was never really clear to me what the ftp-team look at when
    there are multiple versions of the same package pending in the queue
    (because technically when there are they go and approve all of them
    at once); I wouldn't want to burden them with an extra version and
    figure out why there is an extra version for such a minor thing
    2) asking them to reject the current version to fix a minor bug,
    it's also just bothering already busy people for very little gain

--
regards,
                        Mattia Rizzolo

More about me:  https://mapreri.org                             : :'  :