Re: uscan - inherit version number of component from main package (SVN)

Hi Andreas,

On Sun, 8 Oct 2023 at 00:22, Andreas Metzler wrote:
> [snip]
> The obvious problem is the versioning, I would like to make uscan simply use
> the main version for the userguide but afaik I cannot refer to it in
> uversionmangle.
>
> I can do
> uversionmangle=s/^0\.0/20.00/
> to makes uscan always (well unless upstream hits 20.00) consider
> userguide outdate and save it as
> ../netpbm-free_${netpbm main version}.orig-userguide.tar.xz
> with directory name
> netpbm-free-20.00~svn${revision}
>
> Afaik dpkg-source will ignore the dirname anyway, so this part should not
> be a problem.
>
> Is there anything else I am missing, is there a better approach?

You're trying to over-complicate it. :-)

Try this in your d/watch file:

----

version=4

# netpbm-free
opts="mode=svn, pgpmode=none" \
  https://svn.code.sf.net/p/netpbm/code/release_number \
  (\d[\d.]+)/

# netpbm-free user guide
opts="mode=svn, pgpmode=none, \
  component=userguide" \
  https://svn.code.sf.net/p/netpbm/code/userguide \
  HEAD ignore

----

You want to match against HEAD to download the most recent version,
and specify the 'ignore' keyword to avoid restricting the secondary
tarball version.

You'll probably want to adjust the userguide tarball name (not the
symlink) with filenamemangle.

Hugh