Re: Flex help needed for eegdev (Was: Re: eegdev: FTBFS: ../../lib/stdio.h:64:3: error: #error "Please include config.h first.")

Nilesh Patra:

On 25 August 2023 1:47:26 pm IST, Nilesh Patra <nilesh@debian.org> wrote:
On Wed, 26 Jul 2023 21:52:17 +0200 Lucas Nussbaum <lucas@debian.org> wrote:
Source: eegdev
Version: 0.2-6
Severity: serious
In file included from conffile.lex.c:242:
../../lib/stdio.h:64:3: error: #error "Please include config.h first."
    64 |  #error "Please include config.h first."
       |   ^~~~~

The lexed file conffile.lex.c seems to include some stuff before
config.h is included which is causing it to choke.

I'm not acquainted with lexers and not sure what causes this. I'd
appreciate any help.

Adding mentors list as well. If someone can help with this, that'd be great.

Best,
Nilesh

Hi,

I do not think the lexer has anything to do with this.

A quick look at the log suggests that the package is "rolling" its own "stdio.h" (note the "../../lib/stdio.h" in the error message). Indeed, the full log has "mv stdio.h-t3 stdio.h" as well.

I believe that this is stdio.h is generated by the embedded gnulib copy and that is as far as I am willing to debug that rabbit hole. Based on the error, I assume gnulib's generated stdio.h requires the project specific "config.h" to be loaded first.

As for solving it, I would have a look at the "conffile.lex.c" file, see where it has its "#include" for stdio.h and then add an `include "config.h"` before that to see if it works (via a patch).

Hope that helps.

Best regards,
Niels