Re: Short question to Debian backports

Am 01.08.23 um 09:22 schrieb Gylstorff Quirin:
Hi,

I have a question related to Debian backports.

How are packages added to backports? From my understanding this depends on the package maintainer.

That is true generally. But as a non-DD you have to find a sponsor for that as well. Just use dch --bpo to generate a valid version number and target release.

Also can packages still added to bullseye backports?

Yes. You can upload a version based on the bookworm release version to bullseye-backports. Oy you can add a version based on testing to bullseye-backports-sloppy.

Thanks Kind regards

Quirin