Re: Nyxt Browser package

Fionn,

It is a pleasure to make the acquaintance with a fellow developer working on packaging a browser based on Qt WebEngine.  I am the developer and packager of Privacy Browser:

https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/privacybrowser

On Monday, April 24, 2023 12:58:50 PM MST Fionn Stephens wrote:

> Hi,

> I'm wondering what interest there is in Debian for packaging the Nyxt

> browser? I'm definitely not an expert in Lisp, but I can help packaging it.

> I've already made a Debian Sid virtual machine. Am I correct in saying that

> the first step would be to package version "3-pre-release-6" for the

> unstable version of Debian?

As testing is currently in freeze, the best course of action would probably be to do a first upload to experimental, followed by an upload to unstable once Bookworm is released.

> I'm also interested in writing some documentation on the Nyxt browser. Would

> appreciate any hints on how to get contributing. I imaging getting in

> contact with the Common Lisp Debian team is a good start?

I would imagine they would be a good reference.

You might also find the following information about Qt WebEngine dictionary support in Debian interesting:

Soren

--

Soren Stoutner

soren@stoutner.com