Re: Debian 11 missing packages I need what configure should I run?

On Fri, Dec 30, 2022 at 12:15:48PM +0000, Barry Scott wrote:
> I have installed debian 11 (bullseye) but find that its missing packages
> that I need for my software.
>
> For example python3-pyqt6 is a must have. debian 11 only has pyqt5.
>
> What do you recommend I do to be on a debian which has the newer packages?
>
> What is the stability expectation of your recommendation?

What is you want to archive?
If you want to package something for inclusion in Debian (what this mailling list is about),
you need to know that packages are generally built for unstable. (unstable has pyqt6.)

If this is not what you want to archive, please expand…