Re: freerouter, a routing engine is seeking for debian packaging

On Sun, Dec 25, 2022 at 04:34:13AM +0100, mc36 wrote:
> hi,
> i'm a core developer on rare/freerouter. it's a geant.org r&d project to produce a router for whiteboxes.
> the control plane is written in java, the dpdk based dataplane is in c, and the asic forwarder in p4.
> i'm writing to you if someone could pick it up and produce a debian package from the pieces?

Ah

> please find some seed urls below...
> thanks,
> csaba mate
>
> the big picture: http://rare.freertr.org/

Quoting that webpage:
  RARE (Router for Academia, Research & Education) is an ongoing effort
  under the GÉANT 4th programme which focus on determining if a routing
  software platform solution can fit R&E use cases.

> freerouter alone: http://www.freertr.org/

ASCII art
  r1----e1----r2
  |            |
  |            |
  e2          e2
  |            |
  |            |
  r3----e1----r4
found at http://www.freertr.org/offline.html The rN are probably Routers.
I have no idea what eN are, but two e1 and two e2 might be copy and
paste errors.

> i hope it'll catch your attention! :)

(-:   I hope that it gets the right audience

Groeten
Geert Stappers
--
Silence is hard to parse