Re: libgrokj2k - v10.0.2

On Fri, Sep 16, 2022 at 3:10 PM Aaron Boxer <boxerab@gmail.com> wrote:

On Fri, Sep 16, 2022 at 2:18 PM Adam Borowski <kilobyte@angband.pl> wrote:
On Fri, Sep 16, 2022 at 12:10:57PM -0400, Aaron Boxer wrote:
> I have just pushed a new version to mentors that fixes the build on armel
> and mipsel.
>
> https://mentors.debian.net/package/libgrokj2k/
>
> If this could be uploaded it would be greatly appreciated !

Alas, it fails at least on riscv64, and possibly on other architectures as
well.

While the proper way to fix these errors is -pthread, cmake doesn't handle
it right on new glibc.  Your build system looks complex, thus I'd propose
just trying to link with -latomic unconditionally.  Because of --as-needed
which is the default these days, the library won't be added on archs where
it is not required.

Thanks. I actually found that I had inadvertently deleted these lines from my rules file

ifneq (,$(filter $(DEB_HOST_ARCH), armel m68k mips mipsel powerpc sh4 riscv64))
  export DEB_LDFLAGS_MAINT_APPEND += -Wl,--no-as-needed -latomic -Wl,--as-needed
endif

which were added last year for exactly this issue - build failure do to lack of libatomic. (riscv64 wasn't there last year though)

let me re-submit with these lines restored.

Alrighty, the new version is now uploaded to the mentors site. Thanks for looking into this.

Aaron

Meow!
--
⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀
⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁ Seems that the Russian Army is no longer organized crime...