Re: vSMTP - looking for a sponsor

Hi Pierre-Antoine,

Am Tue, Jul 12, 2022 at 01:11:07PM +0200 schrieb pag@viridit.com:
> Dear mentors,
>
> I am looking for a sponsor for the package "vsmtp".
>
> I don't really understand how to modify the initial request...
> Initial bug report is :

(You don't need to modify the ITP; it should be closed with your upload
automatically, via the debian changelog, when your package is uploaded.
If you wonder how to interact with the BTS, I suggest to check out
the documentation section at https://www.debian.org/Bugs/ )

> The current release is now 1.1.3.
>
>  * Package name    : vsmtp
>    Version         : 1.1.3
>    Upstream Author : mailto:pag@viridit.com
>  * URL             : https://github.com/viridIT/vSMTP
>  * License         : GPL
>    Programming Lang: Rust
>    Description     : High performance MTA
>

> vSMTP is a high-performance Mail Transfer Agent, fully RFC compliant.
> Written in Rust, it is safer, faster, and greener.
>
> It enables you to create complex set of rules to filter emails using a
> programming language based on Rhai.
>
> To access further information about this package, please visit the following
>   https://github.com/viridIT/vSMTP
>
> Alternatively, the package is available at the following URL:
>
>   https://github.com/viridIT/vSMTP/releases/tag/v1.1.3

There seems not to be anything uploadable at the moment, at least I could not
find anything with a debian/ directory in that repo.

Suggested reading to create that debian directoy, as you seems to be nwe to
Debian packaging is https://mentors.debian.net/intro-maintainers/ Additional,
as you seem to be (involved with) upstream, I suggest to read the upstream
guide at https://wiki.debian.org/UpstreamGuide

But as soons as there is something to review, please file a "RFS" bug as described
in the "intro-maintainers" page linked above.

(I do not intend to sponsor this package, as I do not "speak" Rust.)

--
tobi