Re: CRLF in upstream source code

Em ter., 15 de mar. de 2022 às 13:29, <lourisvaldo@figueredo.tec.br> escreveu:

> > > Why should it matter to anything, including Debian, unless there are
> > > technical problems caused by that?
> >
> > So such as not compiling.  Or another reason not yet shared with us.
> >

> No problem with building the package. I just saw a comment on a bug and I was
> in doubt [1].
> I decided to ask first.  I'm a complete novice and I'm trying to make things
> right.
> Thank you Andrey and Geert.
>
> [1] https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=698359#10

Note that the current source code in Github dropped the CRLF in
several files. To compare the old version with the current version via
diff, in a separate directory, you could use dos2unix. In src/, the
command "file *" will help to see all files using CRLF. This procedure
is a workaround for 698359#10.

Regards,

Eriberto