Re: A question about "non official" debian packages

On Thu, Mar 03, 2022 at 05:29:47PM +0100, Ali Mezgani wrote:
> On 03/03/2022, at 17:27, Andrey Rahmatullin <wrar@debian.org> wrote:
> > On Thu, Mar 03, 2022 at 04:30:35PM +0100, Albert van der Horst wrote:
> >> Dear mentors,
> >> I plan to publish (at least) 4 Debian packages.
> >>
> >> The format is ideal for my users to install, and the .deb format
> >> takes care of installing .info files at the right place,
> >> something I find impossible to do.
> >>
> >> Is it frowned upon by the Debian community to use the .deb format
> >> to publish these packages?
> > No, you may do anything you want.
> >
> >> (And what are the sanctions?)
> > Huh?

Yeah, I had also a hard time with understanding the by the way question.
I allow myself to read / to understand the original question as:

    May I publish software in the Debian packaging format outside Debian?

> There are no sanction as well as sanctions of community.

Please be aware of trademarks and reputation.

Groeten
Geert Stappers
DD
--