How to turn off Salsa CI for a package?

The default (I'm not sure if this is a global or per-team default) Salsa CI pipeline tries to build and test packages on every commit.

For pandas, this always hits the 1 hour timeout, and hence "fails" uselessly (wasting both the server's resources, and my attention when a failure alert appears).

https://salsa.debian.org/science-team/pandas/-/pipelines

I've tried these attempts at "do nothing" in debian/salsa-ci.yml. Neither of them does that: the default CI still runs.

https://salsa.debian.org/science-team/pandas/-/commits/debian

workflow:
  rules:
    - when: never

--- or (based on forensics-samples) ---

---
default:
  script:
    - echo "disabled as it times out"

We could instead increase the timeout, but I don't know if that much resource use would be appropriate.